Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hand Made Amish Dolls

My Amish friend across the road from me has offered to make these dolls to sell. When I posted a photo of one on 'Whoopie Pie Book Club' a few days ago, replies kept pouring in..."I want one". I asked Kathy if she would make a few for my new friends, and she agreed. The large one is approx. 14 inches tall, and the baby one is approx. 8 inches tall. It is an Amish custom, all little girls get the small one on their 1st birthday. After age 2, they get the larger one. The response has been overwhelming, so I cant promise how long it will take her to make them. 
Today, I walk in the local post office with these 2 dolls, and inquired about postage.


 Lg 14"= $3.63 /Sm 8"= $2.95 /One of each size= $3.97 

She is going to charge $11.00 for the small doll and

 $19.00 for the large one. 


Her mailing address is:

KATHY YODER
2070 HIGHWAY 219
HUNTINGDON, TN 38344


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I would love to have 3 made for my girls!! Can she make them in different color dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, do I just write and send her the money? Is there any other way to contact her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dessi, if you would like to speak to her by phone, you could PM to me a phone number where I could have her to call you. On facebook - Brenda J Hooten-Henry or bjhooten@hotmail is my email address. Of course, she doesn't have a phone, and I would have to let her use my cell phone. You can say what would be the best time to call, and any day except Sunday. Otherwise, you could put a note in with her check and give her an idea of what you want....Thank You.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete